Wednesday 19 September 2018

The future of this blog


Some thoughts regarding the future of this blog...


I've had this blog for eight months now, and I'm enjoying writing and posting these trip reports. I've had the privilege to travel a lot in the last couple of years, and this blog has been a great place to write about my travels. It's also fun to be able to go back and read about certain flights, and I think I'll keep trip reporting one way or another, as long as I'm flying every once in a while.

I've also previously written about how I'm going to travel a lot less next year, and that hasn't changed. I'm about to set a new annual record for number of flights and number of miles flown in just a couple of weeks, and I have some really exciting trips coming up, but in November, I have a trip that I think will be my last trip for quite some time. I want to spend more time at home, with my friends and family, and I also want to make my carbon footprint smaller.

But like I mentioned, before being grounded (at least for a while), I have some really exciting trips coming up, and I actually haven't decided if I'm going to write about those trips on the blog or not. I'm torn between wanting to share the trip reports with you and not wanting to put my "grand finale" on public display. Part of me wants to savour these trips by not putting them online for everyone to see.

For now, I have the AIS Airlines trip reports coming up. After that, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment