Sunday 11 November 2018

Trip report introduction: Getting that view of downtown London


Trip report introduction: Getting that view of downtown London
---
01. Trip report introduction
02. British Airways A319 economy class, Stockholm to London
03. British Airways Galleries Club Lounge, Heathrow Terminal 5
04. British Airways B767 business class, London to Stockholm
---

After my crazy trip to Taipei, you'd have thought that I would stay on the ground for a while, but I actually went flying again one week later. My wife went to London for the weekend (Friday-Sunday) to visit friends who live there, but instead of spending the weekend on my own in our apartment, I went flying again. I've mentioned before that this autumn is like the "grand finale" to this period of intense flying for me, so we might as well throw in another airline...

British Airways had a sale with great prices, so I decided to try them out for the first time. In fact, the prices were so good that I decided to splash the cash on a business class ticket on the return flight on their B767. It's not often you get to fly on a twin aisle intra-Europe. I chose flights that meant that I would get roughly four hours at Heathrow. Just the right amount of time to check out their Galleries Club Lounge and do some plane spotting, before heading back home and still spend the evening at home.

The itinerary for this trip:
2018-10-13: BA771, Airbus 319 economy class, Stockholm to London
2018-10-13: BA780, Boeing 767 business class, London to Stockholm

I paid a little less than €150 for both tickets. And since I'd have lounge access at Heathrow, and get a three course dinner on the return flight, I wouldn't have to spend anything on food and drinks. Let alone accommodation, as this was a day trip. Pretty good value, if you ask me. Plus, I would get another shot at that view of downtown London upon descent into LHR. Fingers crossed as we head to T2 at Arlanda to catch my 31st airline!

No comments:

Post a Comment