Tuesday 11 December 2018

When a scanner tries to blog...


When a scanner tries to blog...

As you may have noticed, my posts have been less frequent as this year has progressed, and now it's been almost two weeks since I last blogged. Don't I have any more trips to write about? Sure I have - I've taken 10 flights since the British Airways B767 that I reviewed here, and I have another 7 flights booked in the next 5-6 weeks, so there are a whole bunch of potential trip reports, photo essays and other blog posts.


But the thing is that I'm what writer Barbara Sher would call a scanner, a person "with many interests" but "unable to decide on a single direction" (definition from Wikipedia). I get interested in lots of different things, go all in, and then turn to something new once my interest fades. That's probably why I've had 5-6 different blogs over the years. I get really interested in something, turn it into a big project, lose interest and then let it peter out.

I'm still interested in aviation (once an AvGeek, always an AvGeek, I guess...), I still love to travel, and I love to take photos. It's just that my interest in this blog and writing about my travels has slowly but surely started to fade. I have photos from my last 10 flights. Some of them are really good, if I may say so myself. But whenever I find myself with a couple of hours to spend, I can't for the life of me muster the energy to start on a new blog post. Will I keep writing on this blog? Possibly, but I'm not sure. I might make a blog post every now and then. Until then, I'm focusing the little energy that I have in my spare time on photography and videography. Such as photographing metro stations in the metro system of Stockholm, as shown above.

So if you're a regular reader of this blog (although I seriously doubt there are many of you out there, lol ^^), you'll have to excuse me. By all means, check back in a few weeks' time to see if I've posted again, but I won't make any promises.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment