Friday 28 September 2018

Taking the boat from Stockholm to Sandhamn


Taking the boat from Stockholm to Sandhamn
---
01. Taking the boat from Stockholm to Sandhamn
02. Sandhamn Seglarhotell
---

Don't worry, FeuilladeTravel won't start doing boat reviews or anything like that. Actually, I'm not a big fan of boats, and being out in the open sea gives me the heebie jeebies (although it would be kind of cool to go on a cruise one day). But taking a boat is the way to go if you want to see the archipelago of Stockholm, and I didn't want to do a hotel review without some pics from the journey there, so here goes...

Sandhamn is a tiny village on the island of Sandön (literally Sand Island) in the outer parts of the archipelago of Stockholm. I've been there twice before. Once with my class when I went to school, and once with my wife, a few years ago. This time it was the location for a short conference with my workplace to kick off the autumn, so to speak.

There are a couple of ways to get to Sandhamn (depending on how long a boat ride you want to take), but we took the boat from central Stockholm - a ride that took a little over two hours.


Punctual pushback, and I promise, I won't start doing boat reviews ;)


StrandvĂ€gen, probably the most high end street in Stockholm

Getting an apartment here will cost you a fortune or two...


The amusement park Gröna Lund (which I photographed from the air on my THN-BMA flight)


Getting further out into the archipelago


The archipelago of Stockholm is beautiful


I was a little bummed that summer vacation was over, but this was a nice way to start working again


In Sandhamn!

No comments:

Post a Comment